In the 1960s, far from civilization and regular roads, stripped down desert bikes based on Triumph twins and fitted with high level exhausts, dirt bike tires and suspension were being used for hard recreational fun and competition on tough terrain.
The Scrambler takes its inspiration from these very bikes.
They were highly competitive and most famously were used by Hollywood superstar Steve McQueen for pleasure and in full competition. Including the 1964 International Six Day Trial (ISDT) in East Germany. We built the Scrambler to evoke that spirit of freedom and escape, carefree times when all you needed was a bike and somewhere to ride.
Engine and Transmission
- type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 270º firing interval
- capacity: 865 cc
- bore: 90 mm
- stroke: 68 mm
- system: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- exhaust: High level stainless steel headers with twin chromed silencers
- final drive: X ring chain
- clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- gearbox: 5-Speed
- oil capacity: 1.2 US Gallon
Chassis Running Gear and Displays
- frame: Tubular steel cradle
- swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheels: 36-spoke 19 x 2.5in
- Rear Wheels: 40-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Front Tires: 100/90-19
- Rear Tires: 130/80-17
- Front Suspension: KYB 41mm forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 106mm rear wheel travel
- brakes front: Single 310mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- brakes rear: Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- instrument display and functions: Analogue speedometer with odometer and trip information.
Dimensions and Capacities
- length: 2213mm
- width handlebars: 860mm
- height without mirror: 1202mm
- seat height: 825mm
- wheelbase: 1500mm
- rake: 27.8º
- trail: 105mm
- tank capacity: 4.2 gallon
- wet weight: 230 kg
- dry weight: 214 kg
- max power: 59 BHP @ 6800
- max torque: 68 NM @ 4750
- urban: 46.0 mpg
- 56mph/90kph: 60 mpg
*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.
NOTE: Vehicles with a price of “Request a Quote” are always included in a $0 search, regardless of actual value.
- Condition: New
- Exterior Color: Red/ Silver
- Displacement: 865 cc